ADSM-L

Re: Backup an NT Cluster

2000-01-03 14:47:31
Subject: Re: Backup an NT Cluster
From: "France, Don (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:47:31 -0600
Hi Joshua,
Yep... I did check the archives, back in November, and I did everything
indicated (I think).  Thanx, for the reference...

The only doc. error I found was described in APAR IC24196, which was
included in the latest fix-test;  it says to include /CLUSTER:YES and
/GROUP:clust-name on the dsmcutil command that installs the services for
backing up cluster groups, which is the first thing I did after the initial
failure.  Didn't really help;  let it run thru last w/e... one group (FTP)
runs fine, the other (DB) group is still being "missed" (per server) and
failing (per dsmsched.log) due to following...
01/03/2000 01:10:38 ANS1814E Unable to start scheduled event
'DAILY-NT-CLUSTER'
01/03/2000 01:10:38 ANS1815E Either the window has elapsed or the schedule
has been deleted

Both services were defined the same, and verified via dsmcutil query;  also,
I can run the incr manually just fine, so it doesn't seem to be a dsm.opt
problem... it's gotta be either MSCS config or ADSM service/schedule
definition problem (and only for the one, failing group).

Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net