ADSM-L

Re: Got Linux client to almost work under FreeBSD 3.3

1999-12-31 10:04:33
Subject: Re: Got Linux client to almost work under FreeBSD 3.3
From: Björn Rhoads <rhoads AT SUNET DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:04:33 +0100
Carl Makin wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, [iso-8859-1] Björn Rhoads wrote:
>
> > I have currently gotten the Linux client 3.1 under FreeBSD 3.3 to talk
> > to a 3.1 server running AIX.
>
> You're also about to run into the problem that the Linux emulation in
> FreeBSD prepends /compat/linux to the start of most paths so you will only
> ever be able to backup the linux emulation parts of the system.  There
> are people working on that now but it may be a while before it is
> backported to 3.x.
>
> I suggest you move back to the using the SCO v2 client under iBCS2
> emulation.  I have the details here if you would like me to email them to
> you.
>
> Carl.

Thanks for that information. It is good to know that the SCO V2 works. I
am going to cling to the linux client a bit longer though.

Actually the x-based client dsm works greate :-), but dsmc hangs on
lagrger files.

As to the problem of path prepending I found this page:

http://x23.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=565826559&search=thread&CONTEXT=946547307.173867009&HIT_CONTEXT=946547307.173867009&hitnum=0

I haven't tried it yet though.

/Björn R