ADSM-L

TSM v7.0 on an NT Cluster Environment

1999-12-30 15:04:14
Subject: TSM v7.0 on an NT Cluster Environment
From: Gerardo Zapata <gzapata AT AVANTEL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:04:14 -0800
I'm running TSM v3.7 on an NT Cluster Environment. I'm having some troubles
when switching nodes within the cluster. When I run a 'Move group' command for
the resources in the TSM group or break down one of the nodes in the cluster,
it takes 6 minutes aprox to bring the resources on line on the other node and
the NT event viewer sends the message: 'The resource 'TSM IP' failed', after
the 6 minutes the resources finally get on-line. It seems to be a problem when
starting the IP Address resource because in earlier tests, the first resource
brought on line was the IP Address and it took only 30 secs to bring the
'Shared Disk' and 'TSM Service' resources online. I think the cluster tries to
bring the IP Address resource online but with no success at the beginning of
the process but after bringing the 'Shared Disk' resource online it finally
gets to bring the IP Address resource online.
I hope the description of my problem is clear enogh. I would preciate any
comments on this.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Gerardo Zapata Gonzalez