ADSM-L

Logs, Informix and OnBar

1999-12-29 05:47:22
Subject: Logs, Informix and OnBar
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:47:22 -0200
Hi guys,

Some weeks ago, I posted an email about the folowing problem:

"    I backup an Informix database using OnBar and ADSM.

    OnBar does not Archive files, just backs them up.

    Informix Log files are named sequentially, i.e. log00000000001,
log0000000002...., so I never have 2 versions of the same log file (same
filename) and ADSM expiration process never expires them from my database. I am
running out of tapes, and the only solution I found to this problem is to
delete the data myself..."

Then I received an email telling that someone had a problem like that this
person had shell scripts to do this expiration process intead of doing it
manually.

Does someone has these scripts, or any solution to this problem ?!

Thanks all,

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira
ADSM Analyst
Service IT Solutions - SP