ADSM-L

Re: Copy pool Reclaim

1999-12-23 20:04:04
Subject: Re: Copy pool Reclaim
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:04:04 +1000
How good is the ADSM sql optimizer?  It should make no difference, but I'd try
removing the subselect e.g.

Select distinct a.Volume_name
from contents a, contents b
where a.file_name = b.file_name
  and b.volume_name='DJ0139'

If the optimiser is really stupid (and I have no information one way or the
other) it might be better to reverse the order of the where clause too.

Steve

Steve Harris

AIX/ADSM/Oracle/HACMP Guy

The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia

Jonathan Lepage <Jonathan.Lepage AT FID.DESJARDINS DOT COM> on 24/12/99 05:27:19