ADSM-L

Upgrading ADSM 3.1 to TSM 3.7

2015-10-04 17:36:17
Subject: Upgrading ADSM 3.1 to TSM 3.7
From: Dean Winger <adsmmgr AT WCER.WISC DOT EDU>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Help Please.

I am in the process of upgrading my copy of ADSM 3.1 to TSM 3.7.  I am also
replacing my current DLT tape library with a new AIT-2 tape library.  Can
anyone offer suggestions on how I should go about this?

I need to have TSM 3.7 installed on the same computer as ADSM when I am
finished.  In the interim, I do have access to a spare computer.  I am sure
that I can perform a full database backup and TSM 3.7 will use the same
database.  But, how do I get all of my data from DLT to AIT?

I have approx. 20 DLT tapes of data and a 7 cartridge single drive DLT
library.
The AIT-2 library is equipped with 120 cartridges and 4 drives.

Just a quick reference of steps needed would be a world of help.  I can look
up the necessary syntax.

Thanks for your help.

Dean Winger
Director of Computer Services