ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT Client and PcAnywhere

1999-12-21 18:46:28
Subject: Re: Windows NT Client and PcAnywhere
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:46:28 +1300
> For those who are abit anxious, as we were, I recommend you consider using
> Rconsole from NT-server resource kit;  it gives you a robust cmd.exe
> environment (ie, you can even run "edit.com" the full-screen MS-DOS editor).

I will put in a plug for VNC (Virtual Network Computing)

        http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Fast, fairly robust, free (GPL'd).  No issues with the ADSM GUI client ;)

It does not have all of the features of PCAnywhere: it is limited to
TCP/IP connections (cf dial in), does not do file transfers over the
link and so on.

Russell