ADSM-L

Re: TSM on a Cluster NT Environment

1999-12-21 09:16:45
Subject: Re: TSM on a Cluster NT Environment
From: Brodt Martin <Martin.Brodt AT DE.BOSCH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:16:45 +0100
Gerardo Zapata wrote:

> I am running TSM v3.7 on an NT 4.0 Cluster. I am performing some tests to
> ensure reliability of the arrange. One of these tests consists in launching a
> large backup from a client outside the cluster through the public network and
> force the failure of one of the machines on the cluster. It is supposed that
> the restart must be transparent for the client, and once the other machine on
> the cluster takes control of the resources the TSM should reopen the session
> and the backup should continue to complete. But once the TSM restarts the
> session to complete the back up, the following message appears on the client:
>                           ! TCP/IP communication error
> and the 'q ses' command on the server displays the following:
>                          Session status      IDLEW          instead of
>   RUN
>
> I don't know what could be causing this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

In our environment we tried to get the TSM Scheduler Service to failover moving
the Cluster-Resources.
With ADSM 3.1.7.xx (PTF.....) the Scheduler failed over moving the resources to
the other clusternode.

AFAIK TSM 3.7.1.0 cluster support doesn't run

regards

Martin

--
Martin Brodt                           E-mail: martin.brodt AT de.bosch DOT com
Martin Brodt                           E-mail: martin.brodt AT de.bosch DOT com