ADSM-L

ADSM Connect agent for Lotus Notes Restore problem

1999-12-15 07:59:28
Subject: ADSM Connect agent for Lotus Notes Restore problem
From: Skip Mills <Skip_Mills AT TFJWW DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:59:28 -0500
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I tried both "" and '' quotes around the file
name and the entry path with no success.  I also tried the 8.3 version of the
name (disast~1.nsf) but that too was a dead end.  As a last effort I decide to
try the GUI interface in the Notes client.  In the past this had lock the server
but I had a newer version of the connect agent (2.1.9) so I gave it a try.  At
first the video on the NT server did start to lock up.  But when the tape that
was requested got loaded and the restore finished the desktop came back and the
restore was a success.  Because of this group I am the number one receiver of
mail at my company but it is a invaluable tool that I wouldn't be without.  You
all have a happy holiday season and keep up the discussions.

On 12/14/99 Skip worte....

When I tied to restore a Notes Database with a space in the name I get the error
below. I am running  NT ADSM Server  Version 3 rel 1 Level 1.3.  I have restore
many databases  before with no problems.  I believe it's caused by the space in
the name of the database.  I tried quotes around the database name with no
success.  Has anyone seen this  problem  before.  Thanks for your help in
advance.

C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\AGENTLN>dsmnotes restore d:\notes\data\bldgsvcs\disaster pr
eparedness.nsf
ANS0909E Error in parsing options