ADSM-L

IMPORT NODE TO A DIFFERENT SERVER OS/390 3.1.2.20

1999-12-14 13:48:52
Subject: IMPORT NODE TO A DIFFERENT SERVER OS/390 3.1.2.20
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:48:52 -0500
>      I recently did an EXPORT NODE on two NT clients' file data from my
OS/390
> server.  Although it took forever, it was reported as successful.  Now I
want to

> do an IMPORT NODE with all file data to a different OS/390 server (with a
> different servername).  When I issue the IMPORT command, it allocates a tape
> drive for the first volume in the list, then fails the process on the OPEN
macro

> for being a different 'owner' of the data.  Specifically, it issues a
IEC149I
> 813-04, with ADSM errors ANR1401W and ANR0797E (access to volume errors).

This sounds like a problem with MVS security, or possibly with your tape
management system. If the problem is with MVS security, the security
administrator at your site will have to update the security product's database
to indicate that the ADSM server should be allowed read access to the tape
volumes and data set names involved. If the problem is with the tape
management system, the administrator for that product will have to perform an
appropriate update to the security rules enforced by the tape management
system.