ADSM-L

IMPORT NODE TO A DIFFERENT SERVER OS/390 3.1.2.20

1999-12-14 13:30:13
Subject: IMPORT NODE TO A DIFFERENT SERVER OS/390 3.1.2.20
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:30:13 -0500
Hello all,

     I recently did an EXPORT NODE on two NT clients' file data from my OS/390
server.  Although it took forever, it was reported as successful.  Now I want to
do an IMPORT NODE with all file data to a different OS/390 server (with a
different servername).  When I issue the IMPORT command, it allocates a tape
drive for the first volume in the list, then fails the process on the OPEN macro
for being a different 'owner' of the data.  Specifically, it issues a IEC149I
813-04, with ADSM errors ANR1401W and ANR0797E (access to volume errors).

     What's the deal here?  I know there must be some way around the access
restriction.  The manual I have, however, doesn't say a word about it.  I
searched ADSM.ORG, but failed to find anything there either.

     Thanks for any help,

                              Ginny