ADSM-L

Copy Storage Pool

1999-12-13 02:30:37
Subject: Copy Storage Pool
From: Alyn Bush <alynbush AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:30:37 GMT
Hi,

Can somebody help.
We have ADSM server is on AIX-RS/6000, and we are using Magastar 3570 as
tape drive, with 19 libraries.  We are planning to use some those tapes as
Copy Storage Pools and some as primary.
Originally they are all assigned to Primary storage pool. Following is the
output of  q stg
Operation Results

Storage       Device        Estimated     Pct     Pct   High Low  Next
Pool Name     Class Name     Capacity    Util    Migr    Mig Mig Storag
                                (MB)                    Pct Pct pool
-----------   ----------   ----------   -----   -----   ----   --- ----
ARCHIVEPOOL   DISK                8.0     0.0     0.0  90 70
ARCHIVEPOOL   DISK                8.0     0.0     0.0  90 70
BACKUPPOOL    DISK            2,000.0    33.1   13.1   61 45 3570BKPOOL
SPACEMGPOOL   DISK                8.0     0.0     0.0  90 70

(BACKUPPOOL is Disk Storage Pool and 3570BKPOOL is Tape drive, 3570BKPOOL
has 19 Library, T01 through T19.)

We wanted to assign half (I.E. T01 to T10) to primary pool and other half to
Copy storage pool (T11 to T19).  Then we need to test the following:  Write
a schedule to copy data from Primary libraries to Copy pool libraries and be
able to restore from copy to primary.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Alyn