ADSM-L

Re: Rexx Needed

1999-12-11 01:03:59
Subject: Re: Rexx Needed
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:03:59 -0500
At 02:20 PM 12/10/1999 -0500, Samuel Poloche wrote:
> I am looking for a REXX routine that will let me parse the ACTLOG report.
When
> it is created the first thing displayed is the date and the message for each
> node can be from 2 to 5 or 6 line. I need to create a single line per
node to
> find the errors and report to the appropriate parties. Any one has something
> that could help me? I am running on an MVS system OS/390.
>
> Thank you.

Samuel,

Check out ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/nosuppt/daily.actlog.filter.
This is a rexx program which will filter through the ADSM activity log
looking the interesting stuff.  Look for the getline: procedure and the
code that calls it.  That will show you a technique that works for piecing
together multiple message lines.  The code out there has been there awhile
and I have updated it since then, but have not gotten around to updating it
on the ftp site (in fact, I'm not sure anymore how to update it).  I am
also planning to rewrite it so that it will work with IBM's object Rexx,
and other versions of Rexx.  It was originally written to work with
Uni-Rexx on AIX, but it shouldn't be hard to port to another platform.

There are some other rexx utilities out there that you might find useful
as well.

..Paul