ADSM-L

Re: Domino on OS/390 - USS client

1999-12-09 04:00:33
Subject: Re: Domino on OS/390 - USS client
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:00:33 +0200
Hi Julie,

I'm using the Unix System services client on three LPAR and you can not
do LAN free backups - first of all because the USS client or as it was
originally called OE client - is still at V2, so all the good stuff that
came with V3 of ADSM and is now available for Tivoli Storage Manager is
not for any person running the Uss client - or for that matter the ATT
unix client. Surely with a major push towards using the USS on MVS for
all sorts by IBM there should be some focus from ADSM/TSM on this
platform...

Does anybody know if the USS client will be available as a V3 ADSM client
or maybe as a remote possibility will we ever see a Tivoli Storage mgmt.
client?

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank