ADSM-L

Can't get Lotus Notes Agent to perform a scheduled backup

1999-12-08 12:34:01
Subject: Can't get Lotus Notes Agent to perform a scheduled backup
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:34:01 +0000
Hi,

I cannot get the notes agent to run as a scheduled backup
We can set it off via a manual command from the notes console  no problem, but
when we try to set it off as a scheduled task the schedule just runs to end of
window and comes back as missed.
I believe that there are 3 service tasks within the NT client that need to be in
started state before the agent backup will run
1) adsm client acceptor
2) adsm lotus agent scheduler
3) adsm remote client agent
What we find is that the remote client agent task regularly halts for no
specific reason
We are at  3.1 level 2.40 on the MVS host server
and 3.1.06 on the NT client which itself is running at NT4 service pack5.
Has anybody out  there seen this as a problem before?
Any thoughts gratefully received

John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group