ADSM-L

Re: Filespace Question

1999-12-08 09:54:07
Subject: Re: Filespace Question
From: Bacchi Matt VENDOR <v2bacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:54:07 -0500
Bill,
        I don't know if anyone answered your question yet, I have been backed
up reading the list of late.  I had a similar experience earlier in the year,
and I believe it was related to APAR IX80115.  Our problem was that nodes
which had NEVER connected to the server were showing up with between 16MB and
1GB of data using the q auditoccupancy command.  The docs for this APAR show
that it should have been fixed in server level 3.1.2.20, so I don't know if
this pertains to your problem.  If the node had never done a backup, delete it
and re-register it.  Otherwise it will probably have something to do with
expiration or file retention.

P.S. - I honestly don't know if this was the correct APAR number, but I don't
seem to have the exact problem on record anymore.

-Matt
>ADSMER's
>ADSMER's
>
>Server - 3.1.2.40
>OS - AIX 4.3.2
>
>I ran the following:
>
>audit license
>q auditoccupancy
>
>There was a node listed that I had used for testing about a year ago and it
>showed total storage for that node to be 594 GB.
>
>I then went in and tried to list the filespace via the Web and command line and
>both returned saying there was no data for this node.
>
>What the dileo??
>
>Bill Maloney
>Unix Admin
>The Pep Boys

Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                    v2bacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
D54V Server Infrastructure                   (802) 769-4072
ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup                        (tie) 446-4072