ADSM-L

Re: Pro's and COn's of ADSM COnnect agent for Oracle vs.... SQL B ack Track....

1999-12-08 13:38:24
Subject: Re: Pro's and COn's of ADSM COnnect agent for Oracle vs.... SQL B ack Track....
From: "Lancaster, Dominic" <Dominic.Lancaster AT BIMBERI.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 05:38:24 +1100
It's not an issue of ADSM Connect Agent vs SQL Backtrack,
you need the connect agent in either case, it's more an issue
of EBU for Oracle 7 (sloppy), RMAN for Oracle 8 (better, but complicated)
and SQL BAcktrack for either (easier but expensive)

I like RMAN, since it's what the vendor of my DB supports, but if
your running a few dbs and backup the consistent interface in SQL Backtrack
is nice

EMail me direct if you want more info

Dominic