ADSM-L

Re: [missing VOL]

1999-12-03 20:33:31
Subject: Re: [missing VOL]
From: MICHEL HUBER <michel.huber AT USA DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:33:31 MST
David,
   When you queried the library manager, did you set the "misplaced"
search attribute to "yes" or "ignore"?  (It's in the top middle of the
query database screen).  I don't believe querying an individual volume
with the "ignore" option set will display the volume if it's in a misplaced
state.  If the volumes are, in fact misplaced, you can try
changing the category to FF10 (placing the volser in the 3494's eject
queue) using the mtlib command:
   mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -V 000123 -s <source category> -t FF10
Hope this helps!
'Chel

Michel Huber
Consultant
Gresham Enterprise Storage

"Endersby, David" <David.Endersby AT VALUEOPTIONS DOT COM> wrote:
CONFIGURATION:
ADSM Server Level 3.1.2.40
AIX OSLevel 4.3.2.0
MECH: Server is a RS/6000 R40 using SSA DASD for DiskStoragePool.
ATL: 3494 with four 3590 tape devices.

PROBLEM:
Within my PLANFILE,  generated by the prepare command, one of the stanzas
for server recovery is the VOLUME.HISTORY.FILE. The  VOLUME.HISTORY.FILE
list several volumes were volume type equals EXPORT.  After issuing the "q
libvol" command, I am only able to account for 26 of the 46 volumes listed.
I have already checked with my offsite storage provider with negative
results of locating the missing volumes.  I even queried the library manager
in the ATL hoping that it would show these missing volumes cell location (no
such luck). Has anybody experienced the same problem, if so, what did you
do?

p.s.. "q cont" will not work on these volumes
David A. Endersby
System Administrator
ValueOptions
3110 Fairview Park Drive