ADSM-L

Re: Is SCO UNIX V5 supported?

1999-12-03 14:03:55
Subject: Re: Is SCO UNIX V5 supported?
From: Scott Hudson <scott.hudson AT SAINTMARYSRENO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:03:55 -0800
Allan,
We are running ADSM V3.1.2.1 on an AIX server and one of our clients is a SCO
OpenServer V.5.0.4.  SCO OpenServer and SCO Unixware are different and I
believe ADSM only works with OpenServer (Version 5 and above); also, according
to my documentation, it will only connect to ADSM Servers running AIX, HP-UX,
MVS, OS/2, OS/400, Solaris, and VM.  If your ADSM Server is NT, it may not work.
Hope this helps.

Scott Hudson
Systems Administrator
(775) 770-3043 - voice
(775) 770-3647 - fax
(775) 325-5210 - pager
scott.hudson AT saintmarysreno DOT com

>>> "Kelly, J. Allan" <KellyJA AT BCRAIL DOT COM> 12/03 10:38 AM >>>
I received a request to archive files from an application running on a SCO
UNIX Version 5 system running on an Intel platform.  I know very little
about UNIX (we are mainly a Win NT shop) so I am unsure how to find
information about the UNIX clients.  I can find the SCO Unixware client but
I am told that SCO Unixware is NOT the same as SCO V5.  Which client would I
use and where do I find it?

Thanks.

Allan Kelly.