ADSM-L

Notes SMTP Stops if DSMC Sched running

1999-12-01 16:10:01
Subject: Notes SMTP Stops if DSMC Sched running
From: David Proppe <David_Proppe AT CWB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:10:01 -0600
Hopefully someone can help me........I've been unsuccessful with our IBM support
thusfar.
 This makes absolutely no sense but here's my problem.        We recently
installed ADSM Ver.  3.1.20.7 on  our Lotus Notes server (AIX ver 4.2.1) running
Notes Ver 4.6.    The Notes Server runs perfectly as long as the Scheduler isn't
running.         If we run the scheduler on the Notes server all SMTP traffic
comes to a crawl.         The SMTP traffic almost comes to a stop at no specific
time, for no reason, I have checked all the schedules and there doesn't seem to
be a reason for this to happen.   The Notes client does not have a schedule
associated with it and there have been no processes during the times the SMTP
traffic stopped.        I have also checked all ports and there are no
conflicts.      If we take the scheduler entry out of the /etc/inittab the
problem goes away and never re-occurs............we have tried enabling the
scheduler 3 times and the same problem has occured every time.  The Scheduler
seems to connect to our ADSM server just fine, it finds out it has no schedule,
and then it logs an entry into DSMSCHED.LOG "waiting to be contacted by server".

Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this, if so what should we do?
Any thoughts on this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Proppe
Canadian Wheat Board