ADSM-L

TSM archive at server

1999-11-30 15:41:41
Subject: TSM archive at server
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:41:41 +1100
Good morning All....

I read somewhere that TSM allows you to perform an archive of a node using
a node's incremental backup data on the TSM server. I understand the
archive is run on the TSM server thus reducing network bandwidth and
removing the client node from the process.
I am trying to determine what the command might be and could find no other
references except the backupset functions. Is this the archive function ??
and if it is, I thought the restore process was designed to be local to the
failed node not from the TSM server over the network.

Appreciate any thoughts ..

regards
Tony Rynan