ADSM-L

Notes database password !?!

1999-11-29 07:14:04
Subject: Notes database password !?!
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:14:04 -0200
Hi guys !

I have installed ADSM Connect Agent for Lotus Notes some months ago, and it's
been working fine even since.

Some days ago, I was told that Notes wasn't being backed up. I started a backup
manually, and in the middle of this backup (the LN Agent had backed up
thousands of documents), I was prompted  for a password. This password is an
user database password ! When I run dsmnotes in batch mode, the backup process
hangs up in this password prompt; there is no time out for this! The strange
thing is it had been working fine for a long time before this kind of problem
happen.

I thought that once ADSM Password is entered, it overides Lotus Notes passwords
and there is no need to inform Notes passwords, isn't that right ?!

Is there any way of avoiding this "password promtps" ? Any ideas ?! I don't
have enough space to backup Lotus Notes .NSFs everyday... I need incremental
backup !

     ____ _ _____ ____
    / __/| |_   _/ __/   Alexandre Bicas Caldeira
    \__ \| | | | \__ \   abicas AT service.com DOT br
    Service IT Solutions - SP
    http://www.service.com.br
   Sao Paulo:(11) 3040-1960
                  Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106