ADSM-L

Re: [QUALSTAR 46120]

1999-11-28 16:36:24
Subject: Re: [QUALSTAR 46120]
From: MICHEL HUBER <michel.huber AT USA DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:36:24 MST
Tony,
   Try the following:
1. log in to AIX as root
2. type in diag, go past the first screen and go to service aids
3. select the SCSI bus analyzer service aid
4. select your SCSI adapter
5. "ping" the SCSI address of the tape drives
   (Read the on-screen directions while you're doing this; as some entries
require an F7 and some require ENTER to proceed further)

   Normally, if you can't "ping" the SCSI address and the adapter tests fine,
then you have a bad cable.  However, I've also seen this problem (with a
different type of tape drive) when the SCSI adapter was in an unsupported slot
on the H50.  You could see the adapter just fine....but nothing attached to
it.  Check your H50 Installation & Service Guide, or you can download the
"Adapter Placement Reference" from IBM RS/6000 hardware product manuals to
verify the adapter is in the right place.

Good luck!
'Chel

Michel Huber
Consultant
Gresham Enterprise Storage

Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM> wrote:
Good morning All,

Has anyone configured a QUALSTAR TLS-46120 to an AIX 43 Box.

I have a QUALSTAR library with 4 * AIT-2 tape (LVD) drives connected to an
RS/6000 H50 on scsi differential adapter.
The SCSI addresses are unique but I am unable to see any devices on the
scsi bus at all. The scsi adapter has been tested and is working fine......

Any ideas ??

regards Tonyr