ADSM-L

Re: AS/400 disables compression on Hardware

1999-11-26 08:23:05
Subject: Re: AS/400 disables compression on Hardware
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:23:05 +0000
     Etienne,

     would this have something to do with the end of tape problem on AS-400
     connected drives ? The story is that volumes are only partially filled
     because ADSM never receives an EOT signal from the AS-400. So the
     filling is always a rough estimate based on the type of tape used.
     You'd probably be able to increase the capacity by twiggling the
     est-capacity parm's but I'm not sure of this.
     What I do know is that a new (announced) AS-400 service level will fix
     the problem.

     regards Walter Ridderhof.