ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:37:12

If you are using shared dynamic as the copy serialisation, which (unless
you shut down the Notes server) if you don't then you should, you might
want to change the lower the number of retries before backing up the file
to 1 or 2, rather than the default of 4.

You can also exclude data that is not required - for example, log.nsf,
documentation databases, busytime.nsf is you use calendaring and
scheduling.

If you don't have a disk pool on your ADSM server you may want to backup to
disk first and then migrate to tape during the day.

If you are using a library create a scheduled command to dissallow
reclamation on all storage pools in the library prior to beginning the
backup - this will ensure that the drives are used for backups only.

Run a compact on the databases prior to begining the backup.

Find out exactly where the bottleneck is and tackle it as you would tackle
a normal performance problem (install faster disk, increase network
bandwidth, etc.

Buy more drives!

Stuart

|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|                                    |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   To:                              |   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   cc:                              |   (bcc: Stuart                     |
|                                    |   Robertson/Edinburgh/Unitech)     |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|                                    |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   Subject:                         |   How can I improve Performance on |
|                                    |   NT with Lotus Notes              |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|

[IMAGE]
Hi,

we have problems with performance when we backup our Lotus-Notes Server,
which
is a WIN NT 4.
We don't use the connect agent.
Does anybody have a quick overview about the parameter-settings that can
improve our performance.

Now we use:
tcpbuffsize