ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on HP-UX - Is there anyone out there ?

1999-11-24 16:18:03
Subject: Re: ADSM on HP-UX - Is there anyone out there ?
From: "Kovacs, Mark" <Mark.Kovacs AT PHARMA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:18:03 -0500
Alex,

        We are trying to get an Email list of people using ADSM with HPs.
IBM's experience with HP is very limited, so when we run into a problem, we
have to act as mediators between HP and IBM.  Recently we found a nasty bug,
and a complex fix, with HPs using DLT7000 drives.  While it works for TAR
and FBACKUP, it does not work with ADSM (or even HP's own OminBack, if
rumors are correct).  We've been in daily contact with level 1 & 2 support
from IBM getting this resolved.

We have ADSM 3.1.2.42 running on a HP-UX box with about 20 HP9000 servers
and 90+ NT servers.  Would you be interested ?

mark