ADSM-L

Re: ADSM agent for MS-SQL on Windows NT-sqldsmc

1999-11-24 11:15:00
Subject: Re: ADSM agent for MS-SQL on Windows NT-sqldsmc
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:15:00 -0500
Larry,

What happens when you enter an actual command?
For example:

sqldsmc /sqlqueryserver

You should see something like:
D:\adsmv3\agentsql>sqldsmc /sqlqueryserver
D:\adsmv3\agentsql>sqldsmc /sqlqueryserver

Tivoli Storage Manager
Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server - Version 1, Release 1,
Level 2
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 1999. All rights reserved.

TSM API Version 3, Release 7, Level 0
TSM Nodename: HOOBIE

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Available SQL servers:

HOOBIE - Service running
By the way, "sqldsmc" (alone, with no parameters) just
By the way, "sqldsmc" (alone, with no parameters) just
displays the help.  It is NOT like the BA client.

The BA client goes into a prompt loop.
The SQL Agent is simply a batch command.

If you don't enter any parameters on the command line
it will display the help and quit. Is that what you are seeing?

By the way, if you are just getting started with
the agent, I recommend getting version 1.1.2.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler