ADSM-L

Antwort: Problem restoring files from copy pool

1999-11-24 04:00:53
Subject: Antwort: Problem restoring files from copy pool
From: "Mecki M." <rmeschon AT OTELO.IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:00:53 +0100
Hi Vern,

what kind of tapes are you using? I've had problems with some bad 3570
tapes, the errors
occured reading a label but the whole tape was unreadable although ADSM
reports that the
data was good. I have been able to restore from my copypool and was able to
re-label
the tape but then there were errors writing data to that volume, I looked
at the tape itself and
there were 'waves' so I send it back to warranty.

I didn't hope that both of your tapes are destroyed, so that your data is
lost.

Regards
     Mecki