ADSM-L

Netware backups - can't find target service

1999-11-23 10:46:19
Subject: Netware backups - can't find target service
From: "Foley, Joe" <Joe.Foley AT BAIN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:46:19 -0500
Hi all

We have a new problem with our Netware backup.

Server = 3.1.2.40
Client = 3.1.0.7 (also tried 3.1.0.6)
Netware 5, sp3a

When trying to back up (also on issuing query tsa at the client), we get the
following message on the console:

ANS1872E Unable to connect to NetWare target service 'OurServerName'
Make sure the TSA NLM is loaded on the specified machine.

Of course the TSA500.NLM is loaded. It is version 5.01, dated 2/19/99. The
same ADSM client version works on another Netware 5 server in our network
with the same TSA version.

Does anyone know of any issues with the TSAs? Is there something else I
should look at?

Thanks!
Joe