ADSM-L

Re: Speeding up restores

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: Re: Speeding up restores
From: Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF. [mailto:Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Richard,

I would say NO, because a restore process do not compare the existing files
on the client and their version (unlike backup). When you restore, you can
only say "latest, active, point-in-time...".

I cannot tell you more, based on the short info we got in the Oxford
seminar! Maybe Tivoli will add comment...

Yours,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com