ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:37:12

My 2 cents:

1. Archive files expire, due to their retention period. Independent of their
existence in the 'real' drive/filesystem.

2. Active Backup files never expire, until you backup the drive/filesystem with
the file missing. The 180 days only apply if the file is deleted on the node and
the drive/filesystem is backed up afterwards. The missing file is marked
inactive on the server and expiration starts for this file.

3. Expiration processing only works for inactive files.

IMHO it is a missing featrue to expire a drive/filesystem which has been
deleted/removed/destroyed on the 'real' side. I would wish a cmd to inactivate a
whole drive/filesystem.

Now I have to delete the filesystem on server side, not knowing if there are
some files which have to remain due to the SLA.

Regards

Roger Hohmann

Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU> on 23.11.99 07:29:16

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>