ADSM-L

Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome

1999-11-23 04:27:32
Subject: Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome
From: "MAES, FRANCIS" <francis.maes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:27:32 +0100
Hello Reinhard,

I'm happy to share some experience about the ADSM "big" servers management.

Backup and restore DB or add and delete DB volumes are both moving PAGES and
not logical entries.
The DB is not reorganized with these utilities.
Actually, the only utility that is logically copiing the DB is DUMP-LOADDB.

Now, with your information about the page splits management of LOADDB, I'm
thinking about a cancel of the LOADDB and a RESTORE DB based on the DB
backups (with point in time to the last Incr). This should be faster as the
LOADDB.

Should it be acceptable for a DB/2 or an IMS DB to be unavailable for 5 days
for a reorg? No, of course.
It is nice to have a proprietary DB to drive ADSM but the utilities needs to
be robust. We are not playing with ADSM but working with production
datas....

Best regards

Francis