ADSM-L

Management Class - Understand

1999-11-22 17:03:00
Subject: Management Class - Understand
From: Gail A Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:03:00 -0800
Okay -- this may be documented or obvious and I should know this - but I am
unable to find the particular words I am searching for on this question in the
manuals:

Backup Copy Groups --
-------------------
I have a node named 'kai' -- this person has not backed up or accessed TSM in
I have a node named 'kai' -- this person has not backed up or accessed TSM in
over 280 days.

I have retentions set as follows:

5 versions
1 version if deleted
30 days to keep extra versions
180 to keep only version

The manual says that the 180 days applies if the users deletes the filespace.

My question is -- will these backups stay out there forever, until I delete
them or run
another backup -- I was wondering if there was a way to say to TSM if no one
has accessed
TSM for over 260+ days, then delete all backups automatically -- all
filespaces/backup
in TSM?

Hope this isn't too confusing - The way I think I understand it, I have to
manually
delete the filespaces from TSM to remove all entries for backups on any nodes
-- there
isn't an automatic way to delete all remaining files automatically?
isn't an automatic way to delete all remaining files automatically?

Thanks.......