ADSM-L

Server delays

1999-11-22 06:55:08
Subject: Server delays
From: Juan Garcma Rendsn <grr AT EMPRE DOT ES>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:55:08 +0100
We have ADSM 3.1 Solaris 2.6 Server with DLT library Sunstoredge L 1000
(Autocharger w/ 2 DLT 7000 Drives) and we have the following problem:

When we issue an archive command, using a management class that records
directly to the DLT library, we get the message "Waiting for mount
offline media", even if the DLT  tape is already mounted and ready, the
server takes aprox 10 seconds, without doing anything, then answer to
the client and finally record the file.
For example in issuing the ten consecutive below commands the client
takes 2 minutes to finish (file 1 is a small test file 100bytes)

dsmc archive -password=mypass file1

The backups and the rest of the functions works without this delays, at
a resasonabily speed.

Thank you in advance