ADSM-L

Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB

1999-11-20 14:18:28
Subject: Re: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:18:28 -0800
Bill,

What I'd like is to have two options:

  1. Use the proprietary ADSM/TSM database.
     Simple to maintain.

  2. Use an SQLxx compliant database.
     Now if I'm a DB2 shop I could use DB2.
     If I prefer Oracle or Sybase, ditto.
     Anything else: not enough market share to drive development.

That's what I'd like.

Steffan
(also DB2 DBA in addition to ADSM/TSM Consultant)