ADSM-L

DB2 backups with Multiple drives.

1999-11-20 03:14:31
Subject: DB2 backups with Multiple drives.
From: "Jason E. Thomas" <syne7 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 02:14:31 -0600
        I am going to be working on an installation of an ADSM server on a Sun
Enterprise 10,000.  The ADSM server will use a Storage Tek library (9710 I
think) and Storage Tek drives.  The Server also runs DB2 and will back up
DB2 via the API and db2 backup use adsm command.  Is there a way to have the
all 4 drives back up the DB2 databases, tablespaces, transaction logs
etc.... simultaneously?  Can I simply ensure that collocation is "off" on
the storage pool they back up to and start 4 "db2 backup use adsm" commands?
If anyone has expierence with this or a way to ensure that all 4 or multiple
drives can be used at the same time, I'd be most grateful for any info you'd
have.

Regards,
  Jason E. Thomas
  syne7 AT yahoo DOT com / ronin91 AT home DOT com
  Systems Engineer
  Dickens Services Group [DSG]