ADSM-L

moving DLT data to new tapes

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: moving DLT data to new tapes
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all.  I had a strange problem resulting from the use of tape labels
starting with CLN.  The person who set up the server used these labels,
which kicks the tapes out of my library when I do an audit on it.  I am
assuming it is because those are labels usually assigned to cleaning tapes.
Anyhow, I have swapped out all the tapes that I can using reclamation, and
simply by not checking them back in with those labels.  What is the command
to move the data from one tape to another?  Is it just MOVE DATA CLN123
BXJ123 ?