ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on UNIX

1999-11-19 10:13:00
Subject: Re: ADSM on UNIX
From: "Kovacs, Mark" <Mark.Kovacs AT PHARMA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:13:00 -0500
To all:

        We are running ADSM Server on HP-UX 10.20  as well as HP-UX clients
(10.20 & 11.00).  ADSM Client and Server software comes as a SD-UX depot,
the standard packaging of HP software.  To change the default path for the
installation of the software (client or server) is done through swinstall
(SAM).  Under the ACTIONS menu option, select the CHANGE TARGET.  You get a
dialog box named SELECT TARGET PATH.  Tab down to the field to the right of
the [Root Path...].  The default of the field is '/', but overwrite it with
what you want.  We don't like installing thrid party apps on the root volume
group, so we change all of our installs.

        One item of note, you will still need to create a symobilc link for
'/usr/adsm' to point to the directory that contains en_US (or whatever your
language is).  If you changed your target from '/' to '/applications/adsm',
then your link would be '/applications/adsm/usr/adsm'.

Mark Kovacs
Assoc. Director Database & Systems Administration
Purdue Pharma LP