ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:37:12

You might think about following (sounds horrible, but I don't have another
idea):

If your filesystem has just been deleted and there is no directory structure
that fits into the new fs, you can just (ask your unix guys to) allocate an
empty fs with the same name on the old node. Do an incr on it. Adsm thinks that
all files are deleted, and marks all files inactive. Normal expiration
processing starts. Delete the empty fs on unix side afterwards.

If the 'old' filesystem name is part of the actual dir tree, you could try to
allocate the fs on another box and use the nodename to 'emulate' the old node.
Further processing like above.

If you can't allocate a filesystem like the old one to let adsm inactivate the
files, you may have lost. I expect you have to hold the files until the last one
left your SLA. (Maybe you can rename it to an unusual name and start with the
processing described in the beginning).

If you are noticed when filesystems are going to be deleted, make a inclexcl
file with 'exclude *' as the only line and inc your filesystem to inactivate all
files in this fs.

It would be a great idea to build a function to inactivate all files of a given
filesystem, but I think Tivoli hasn't build it yet.

Regards

Roger

"Vraspir, Mary J." <MJVraspir AT WEST DOT COM> on 19.11.99 15:45:53

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>