ADSM-L

Re: 3995 problem

1999-11-19 09:27:32
Subject: Re: 3995 problem
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:27:32 -0400
Hello,
your problem is that you have "checked in" OPTICAL platers as indicated by
:
3995LIB         OPT01          Scratch(Optical)                  11
3995LIB         OPT02          Scratch(Optical)                  12
while your devclass devtype is WORM as indicated by :
              Device Class Name: 3995
         Device Access Strategy: Sequential
             Storage Pool Count: 1
                    Device Type: WORM
                         Format: DRIVE
          Est/Max Capacity (MB): 0.0
                    Mount Limit: DRIVES
               Mount Wait (min): 60
          Mount Retention (min): 60
                   Label Prefix:
                        Library: 3995LIB
Since your 3995POOL stgpool uses this 3995 devclass, when a scratch volume
is needed
in that stgpool, ADSM will look for a scratch volume of type WORM. Since
your library
inventory only shows scratch volumes of OPTICAL, ADSM does not find any and
you get
the ANR1405W message.

To solve this, you have two choices :
  1. checkin a WORM platter in the library. When you checkin a platter in
the library,
      ADSM determines what kind of platter it is (OPTICAL vs WORM).
     ==or==
  2. re-define your devclass with devtype=OPTICAL.
      Since you already have OPTICAL platters in your library, I would go
with that one.

That should take care of it.

Have a great day !

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM  ADSM Level 2 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM on 11/19/99

Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU> on 11/19/99 06:28:07 AM