ADSM-L

OS/390 server backing up UNIX Solaris

2015-10-04 17:37:12
Subject: OS/390 server backing up UNIX Solaris
From: Jaco Van Dyk <VandykJ AT NATBURO.KZNTL.GOV DOT ZA>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Hi ALL

1. We have the ADSM server sitting on an IBM Mainframe. We are using version
3 of ADSM to backup SUN SOLARIS 2.6 from Unix.

2. The problem we are experiencing is that we have systems on the UNIX that
are no locally mounted files systems. They are on different drives in the
unix boxes. I have tried to specify the DOMAIN in the users client option
file as the default client domain. It cant find the path to the directory
doing and incremental backup.

3. When using selective backups it works fine but when doing incremental for
the system it does not backup non local drives.
It reads the Domain when specified on either client or domain.

Can anybody supply a solution?

Thank you

Jaco