ADSM-L

OS/2 Performance

1999-11-16 03:44:15
Subject: OS/2 Performance
From: John Dawson-Booth <BOOTHJJ AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:44:15 +0000
We are running ADSM on NT, against an Overland tape library. We are backing up
NT / Netware and OS/2 servers across a dedicated 100 MB ethernet network. The
servers are backed up to disk on the ADSM server before the data is migrated off
to tape. We are using Compaq NC3121 ethernet cards in all servers. Throughput on
the NT / Netware servers is fine - approx 9min per Gb. On OS/2 throughput is
very poor - approx 40mins per Gb.

Does anyone know of any performance tuning parameters that we can try to attempt
to speed up the backup of the OS/2 servers

Thanks

John

John Dawson-Booth
E-Mail boothjj AT uk.ibm DOT com