ADSM-L

multiple include exclude list on HPUX 11

1999-11-12 11:15:51
Subject: multiple include exclude list on HPUX 11
From: Thomas R Rhodes/TRR/LMITCO/INEEL/US <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:15:51 -0700
Here is my problem:
 We are backing up an HPUX 11 server with a large Oracle database.  We use
the Oracle function to do live backups of the database 4 times  week and
the regular ADSM schedule backup to backup all other files.  The real
problem is that when we run the normal backup we do not want to backup the
database files so we exclude them, but when we run the live Oracle backups
the database files can not be excluded.  we have been doing this using
script files to change the include-exclude list from one run the next.
What I would like to do is have the user that backups the database file use
a different dsm.sys and/or dsm.opt file so we would not have to do the
changing of the include list all the time.  Also then when we wanted to do
restores we could logon as that user and would not have to look at inactive
files for current backups.

Any help in this would really be appreciated.  Thank you.
I have looked at the user having his own dsm.opt file but I can not wee
where you can put the include-exclude parameter in this file only the
dsm.sys file.