ADSM-L

Backup Event log revisited

1999-11-09 10:03:02
Subject: Backup Event log revisited
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:03:02 -0600
I tried Joshua's suggestion (and a good one at that)

To use an include statement to process the NT event logs.

It kind of works.. Yes it does back them up, but when I restore them NT
tells me they are corrupt.

Bummer...

One thing I did notice the other day while performing a client trace is that
BackupEvent  [yes | no ]  is considered a valid option in the dsm.opt file.
Problem is that it doesn't actually do anything. Apparently a work in
progress here.....

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Nathan

Nathan King
MCSE, IBM ADSM CS
Open Systems Storage Management
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

The opinions herein are mine and almost certainly do not reflect those of my
employer.