ADSM-L

Re: MSSQL is unable to send backup data through pipe to the

2015-10-04 17:37:11
Subject: Re: MSSQL is unable to send backup data through pipe to the
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of Del
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Terry,

It looks a lot like your ADSM server connection is being
terminated BEFORE it has a chance to back anything up.
I few things to check/try:

1. Check the dsierror.log file in the SQL Agent directory
   for errors that it might contain.

2. Also, check the ADSM server activity log to
   find out the reason it might be terminating the connection.

3. Does the new policy domain have assigned storage?
   Try to changing the domain to one that you know works.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> I'm fairly new to ADSM, and I can't get my MSSQL databases backed up with
> the SQL Connect Agent. Everything else I've looked at seems okay, but
when I
> try to do a backup of any database (master, msdb, or other), it fails.
Error