ADSM-L

Can't Query Filespaces

1999-11-05 20:41:29
Subject: Can't Query Filespaces
From: Robert Luscombe <lrobert AT INSTADV.ALUMNI.PITT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:41:29 -0500
I have some filesystems on a Solaris 2.6 host that I have been doing
nightly selective backups on for about a week.  The backups are run from a
shell script scheduled by cron.  These filesystems are excluded from my
normal daily incremental backups (run from the adsm client scheduler) in my
include/exclude file.  I am testing a restore of these filesystems now, and
it seems to be going well.

However, when I do a 'query filespace' for this host none of these
filesystems show up as filespaces.  Maybe I am confused about what ADSM
considers a client filespace-- I was under the impression that an ADSM
client filespace was equivalent to a Solaris filesystem.  Why don't these
show up?

Thanks
--bob