ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:37:11
Hi

I have the following situation.  An Oracle8 database on node1 backed up to ADSM
server using rman.  I can recover the files on node1 without any problem.  I
would like to be able to recover the database onto node2.  (Just as a
precaution in case node1 were to suffer severe failure.)  Node2 is also
currently a server that is being used, and so cannot be configured as node1
(IP, hostname, etc.)  Using dsmc on node2 I can query backups from node1,
however, I have not managed to find a way to convince rman that it should be
looking for backups from node1.  When I try to do the restore I get the
following:

RMAN> run {
2> allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape';
3> restore controlfile to '/tmp/controlfile';}

RMAN-03022: compiling command: allocate
RMAN-03023: executing command: allocate
RMAN-08030: allocated channel: t1
RMAN-08500: channel t1: sid=12 devtype=SBT_TAPE

RMAN-03022: compiling command: restore

RMAN-03022: compiling command: IRESTORE
RMAN-03023: executing command: IRESTORE
RMAN-08016: channel t1: starting datafile backupset restore
RMAN-08502: set_count=537192816 set_stamp=0
RMAN-08021: channel t1: restoring controlfile
RMAN-08505: output filename=/tmp/controlfile
RMAN-03026: error recovery releasing channel resources
RMAN-08031: released channel: t1
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: restore
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: IRESTORE
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-06512: at
line 60
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19624: operation failed, retry
possible
ORA-19507: failed to retrieve sequential file, handle="ADMIN_inc1_30bb26i2",
parms=""
ORA-27007: failed to open file
Additional information: 7000
Additional information: 2
ORA-06512: at "SYS.X$DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE", line 925
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE

I have not been able to find anywhere in the documentation that suggests a way
of passing the Fromnode=node1 to the restore command.

Regards
Andrew Deighton
(6948)

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the
company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer

--BeyondBoundary_2_Fri_Nov_05_11:07:07_1999__4823--