ADSM-L

sql select question

1999-11-05 02:14:56
Subject: sql select question
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT HAINDL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:14:56 +0100
Hi all,

I have a simple "report" to monitor ADSM's storage pool utilization for
primary and copy storage pools:
                              select
stgpool_name,est_capacity_mb,pct_utilized,maxscratch from stgpools).

Another "report" is
                              select stgpool_name, count(*) from volumes
group by stgpool_name
 to monitor the number of storage pool volumes per storage pool.

The two queries work fine, but it would be nice to have only one to have a
better view. So I have tried a couple of things without success. I haven't
got the right values as expected.

This is my last version of the query:

                              select
volumes.stgpool_name,count(*),stgpools.maxscratch -
                              from volumes,stgpools -

                              where volumes.stgpool_name in -

                              (select stgpools.stgpool_name from stgpools)
-
                              group by
                              group by
volumes.stgpool_name,stgpools.maxscratch

As mentioned before, I have tried serveral queries. One of these was

                             select
stgpool_name,maxscratch,pct_migr*maxscratch/100 from stgpools

which was more accurate but it doesn't work for the copy storage pools.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?
Has anyone experiences with "reporting" in Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7 or is
it the same ads within ADSM 3.1?

Thanks to all,
Greeting from Augsburg/Germany