ADSM-L

Re: NT Scheduler service

1999-11-03 14:56:14
Subject: Re: NT Scheduler service
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:56:14 -0500
APAR IC24882

We get this several times a day on several NT servers. Lots of different
3.1.0.x versions of the clients. I've been working with IBM on this for
MONTHS and they finally opened the APAR.

(Un)fortunately we run IBM's NetFinity, so I've set up a process on each NT
server that when the ADSM scheduler service ends, it restarts it. I've found
that if I keep restarting the service enough times, it finally gets past the
error and then works for a time before failing again. Rebooting doesn't seem
to help, either. You may be able to accomplish this with some other
management package like IT/Directory.

Right now it's just live with it and the Netfinity solution.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.