ADSM-L

Backing up event log in NT

2015-10-04 17:37:11
Subject: Backing up event log in NT
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Is there a statement that one can specify in the dsm.opt to make the
ADSM/TSM backup the WinNT event logs by default. i.e. an equivalent of
backupreg yes?

The only way I've been able to accomplish this so far is via a
preschedulecmd of dsmc eventb entire, but it gets a bit awkward to implement
as I have over 800NT nodes here, each with password access prompt and each
with different passwords. Therefore to get the preschedulecmd to work I have
to use dsmc eventb entire -password=*****
. I could go to passwordaccess generate which would forego this requirement,
but I prefer prompt.

Anyone any better ideas?

Nathan

Nathan King
MCSE, IBM ADSM CS
Open Systems Storage Management
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

The opinions herein are mine and almost certainly do not reflect those of my
employer.